CMSD solid waste customers can request convenient curbside collection of large or bulky items at their home. Customers are eligible for three (3) complimentary pickups per year with ten (10) items collected during each pickup, or collections can be combined for a pickup of up to 30 items.
To schedule, please call CR&R Customer Service at (949) 646-4617 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please note that CR&R drivers will not collect any items that are not specified at the time the pick-up is scheduled. Items will be picked up by a separate truck from the weekly trash collection truck. Click HERE to download a printable collection tag. It is not mandatory to use a collection tag, however, the tag helps CR&R identify the items for collection.
Before disposing of usable items, please consider donating them to local charities. You can receive a receipt for tax purposes, assist those less fortunate, and give your items a second life.
This program can be used to collect the following items, as long as they do not exceed 8 x 4 ft. or 150 lbs.:
- Furniture (chairs, sofas, mattresses, rugs, etc.)
- Appliances (refrigerators, ranges, washers, dryers, water heaters, dishwashers, plumbing, small household appliances, and other similar products known as "white goods")
- Contained yard debris, green waste, and small pieces of wood limited to 1 cubic yard
- Scrap metal (including, but not limited to aluminum, iron, stainless steel, and copper)
- Other similar items that are not specifically excluded below
The following items CANNOT be collected through this program:
- Car bodies
- Building materials
- Chemicals and hazardous waste
- Items larger than 8 x 4 ft. or heavier than 150 lbs.
Please note: residents who use dumpsters at their property are not eligible for this program. If you need to dispose of a large/bulky item and you currently utilize dumpster service for your weekly trash pick-up, please call your contracted waste hauler to arrange a pickup. The name and phone number of the trash hauler are usually listed on the dumpster.