This year, Christmas Tree collection and recycling will take place from December 28, 2020 to January 8, 2021.
CR&R, the District's trash hauler, observes Christmas Day (December 25) and New Year's Day (January 1) as holidays. CR&R's holiday schedule can be found HERE. Trash collection will be delayed by one (1) day during the weeks of these two holidays. For example, if your regular trash collection day is Tuesday, trash collection will take place on Wednesday.
- The trees will be collected along with your regular weekly trash collection. (Note: the holiday trash delay above applies to tree collection.)
- Residents should place their tree on the ground next to their collection containers for pick up with the regular trash.
- Please remove all tinsel, ornaments, and the stand.
- All trees taller than 6 feet must be cut in half to be eligible for this special collection.
- The trees are taken to CR&R's Anaerobic Digestion (AD) Facility to be converted into renewable natural gas (RNG), which is used to fuel CR&R's collection fleet.
For inquiries or missed pickups, please contact CR&R at (949) 646-4617, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.