***Please note that the Orange Coast College Recycling Center is currently closed due to the Coronvirus (COVID-19) pandemic and has no set re-opening date. The following are alternative recycling sites that are open to the public:
- Allan Co. Santa Ana: 2540 S. Main St, Santa Ana, CA 92707; 714-641-8891
- Beachside Recycling: 8601 Edison Dr, Ste C, Huntington Beach, CA 92646; 714-969-7638
- CR&R Buy-back Center: 11262 Western Ave, Stanton, CA 90680; 714-890-6300
- The Cans Company: 2741 1/2 W. MacArthur Blvd, Santa Ana, CA 92704; 714-402-5580
The Orange Coast College Recycling Center (located on Adams Avenue between Harbor Boulevard and Fairview Road) buys back "California Redemption Value" or "CRV" beverage containers for the current value of 5 cents per container under 24 oz. and 10 cents per container 24 oz. or larger of liquid or ready-to-drink products in aluminum, glass, plastic, and bi-metal containers. Please note: All caps must be removed from plastic bottles prior to arriving at the Recycling Center.
Buy back hours are Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Donation hours are Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Recycling Center accepts donations of:
- Aluminum and tin cans
- Plastic bottles with resin codes #1 or #2 on the bottom
- Glass food/beverage containers
- Scrap metal, including appliances made of metal
- All kinds of paper (including office paper, newspaper, magazines, phone books, junk mail, cardboard, etc.)
- Electronic waste, limited to computers, non-DLP televisions and computer monitors, cell phones, and laptops
In partnership with the Costa Mesa Sanitary District, the Recycling Center also accepts cooking oil, household batteries, fluorescent light tubes and bulbs.
The Recycling Center DOES NOT accept furniture, auto or marine batteries, used motor oil, paint, chemicals, or other hazardous waste.